- This event has passed.
Linking Sulitest to Authentic Assessment
June 14, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thinking of introducing sustainability literacy into your teaching and learning next semester?
SDGLiteracy & Authentic Assessment CoPs are hosting a workshop facilitated by Dr Lucia Walsh and Dr Jen Harvey on how you can link the UN’s Sulitest www.sulitest.org with authentic assessment in your modules and programmes.
Increasingly, universities are being recognized as key contributors to the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Sustainability is at the heart of TU Dublin’s strategy with education for sustainable development becoming a major focus of several recent university-wide initiatives such as SDGLiteracy. Sulitest* is a sustainability literacy test linked to the UN SDGs built around knowledge, skills and mindsets. In the current academic year, over 2,000 multi-discipline students engaged with Sulitest across 37 modules supported by 21 lecturers. The session will provide an Introduction to Sulitest platform and to the Authentic Assessment CoP
Our practice exchange Showcase of Sulitest-based authentic assessment speakers include: –
- Dr Patrice Behan, Lecturer in Chemistry, School of Chemical & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr Dee Duffy, Lecturer & Programme Chair Retail & Fashion Studies, School of Humanities
- Sheona Foley, Lecturer in Culinary Arts, School of Culinary Arts & Food Technology
- Alacoque McAlpine, Lecturer in Sustainable Supply Chain Management, School of Marketing
- Dr Lucia Walsh Lecturer in Marketing & Entrepreneurship, School of Marketing
- Dr. Catherine Gorman, School of Hospitality Management & Tourism
- Dr. Sheila Coyle, Lecturer in Community Development and Youth Work
The session will conclude with an open discussion. Dr Cormac MacMahon will provide an overview of the staff Sustainability CPD development. To book your place Click here