Clothing Love Story Competition
Share your clothing love story and be in with a chance of winning an Apple Watch and other prizes.
Fashion Revolution Week is the time to engage everyone to create a better fashion industry. It centres around the anniversary of the Rana Plaza factory collapse, on 24 April 2013. This year, as we mark 8 years since the tragedy, Fashion Revolution Week will focus on the interconnectedness of human rights and the rights of nature.
To coincide with Fashion Revolution week, SDGliteracy at TU Dublin, are urging people to shop less and more responsibly.
According to Fashion Revolution “By keeping our clothes for longer, cherishing them and taking better care of what we already own, we can dramatically reduce the environmental impact of our wardrobes,”
What is a Clothing Love Story?
We need to buy less and buy with love; buy only what we need, or what we truly want, no longer on a whim or an impulse. Take your time, choose only the pieces you intend to keep. Let’s take it slow, and commit to a long term relationship with our clothes. Wear things over and over, and cherish, care and repair the ones you already own.
Did you know that the most sustainable garment is the one already in your wardrobe? To encourage people to celebrate and make the most of what they already own, SDGliteracy is asking fashion fans to share their own clothing love story.
Tell your Love Story
This could be a photo of an item you have repaired, an investment piece, something you’ve worn more than 30 times, it could be a letter penned to your favourite pair of jeans, an ode to the loungewear getting you through lockdown, a poem about the dress that’s been passed down from generation to generation.
Others Love Stories :
DJ and stylist Fabienne has made a Love Story about her YSL suit
Film it: Make an Instagram video (Instagram videos max 60 seconds) or upload a video to Instagram introducing us to your piece of clothing. You could be wearing it, or picking it out from your wardrobe. You could even share the love stories of an entire outfit.
Photograph it : Share a photo of the piece of clothing you love. Tell us it’s story, the journeys you’ve shared, why you love it. You could make a photo collage of you wearing it.
Write about it: Write a love poem or letter to your piece of clothing. It could be as short as a haiku, as long as a sonnet. Or interview your friends about their most-loved pieces in their wardrobe. Record it as a video or post a picture of it.
How to Enter
- Tell us your Clothing Love Story (create a new post OR use an old post on your grid)
- Tag @sdgliteracy in your post OR send privately to @sdgliteracy
- Follow SDGliteracy on instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/sdgliteracy/
All entries will be showcased in our Clothing Love Stories Gallery on this website.
Inspiration and Resources
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- The competition will run until midnight 25/04/2021
- All entrants will be entered into a prize draw.
- Winners will be announced week beginning 26/04/2021 and entrants will be contacted re postal address in order for prizes to be delivered.
- Per Instagram, you are not allowed to inaccurately tag content (for example do not tag yourselves in photos if you are not in the photo).