Sustainable Fashion: Insights from Industry
On Monday 18th of October the TU Dublin ConnectED Business Seminar Series hosted an online event for our students and faculty. This event was hosted in collaboration with SDG Literacy, a community of practice around sustainability education funded by the National Forum under TU Dublin IMPACT, as part of the Connected Planet Series, a range of expert sustainability seminars throughout the year.
We were delighted to welcome Nasreen Sheikh, Kellie Dalton and Sophie Slater to discuss ‘Sustainable Fashion: Insights from Industry’.
The event was moderated by Alacoque McAlpine, Lecturer, School of Marketing, TU Dublin a full recording can be viewed above.
In the News
Following on from the success of ‘Sustainable Fashion: Insights From Industry’ event, Alacoque Mcalpine and Nasreen Sheikh were interviewed on Newstalk which aired on Sunday 31st October on the show ‘Taking Stock’ with Mandy Johnston.
For those who missed the show, you can watch back on the recording
Find out More about Sustainable Fashion
Solidarity in the Second-hand Supply Chain
Fashionscapes: A Living wage
- Alacoque McAlpine’s Top Tips on how to practice fashion in ways that minimise damage to the environment
- Aja Barbers book ideas on how to be a more ethical consumer as well as templates to use to contact brands via email and social media
- FASHION FOCUS: A Proposal for New EU Legislation of a Living Wage
- Consumed the end for Collective Change
- Out of Sight: A call for transparency from field to fabric
Tranformers Foundation: A series of episodes where we bring in the top experts from around the world to investigate the FACTS and bring the TRUTH to the table.
The GoodOnYou.eco app rates fashion, jewellery and footwear brands on environmental impact, supply chain labour conditions and animal welfare. Download the app to discover cool ethical brands and to see how your favourite brands measure up.